Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 3 - FeedMyInbox

Very interesting exercise! Feed My Inbox was very easy to use, subscribe to, and to add feeds too. But the obvious huge drawback is that the free version is limited to just 5 feeds, and that these are also limited (as in I could only choose a daily feed option, rather than a digest....considering I forgot I had registered, I got quite a shock when my email was full of the feeds, lol!) I subscribed to the full 5 sites that I could in the free package, including 3 library related blogs I enjoy, one author blog I love following, and the Auckland Libraries Top 5 site (always worth checking out!)
I think anyone would find it easy to use, but I think that if our customers were after a free site, this wouldn't suit. The free version is really only suitable for perhaps someone interested in following just a few sites/blogs etc. I personally wouldn't use this again, but only because it costs - I did like the format of the emails I recieved (except for the fact I got them daily). So, a good easy to use site, but only recommendable to either those wanting a limited number of feeds, or willing to pay for a better package.



No comments: