Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Official post 2 - the joys of RSSing

Or rather the NOT joys (insert the Home Alone shocked face pic here....oh hold on...I can actually do that can't I, here I go)



Yep, thats me after the trials of RSS too! Its really interesting, and I can really see that for people who are constantly checking in on lots of sites, it would be a life saver! (Perhaps I should suggest to my hubby for all the different webcomics he keeps up with?) I subscribed to a bunch of fellow library bloggees, and this alone was interesting (thanks so much to those that added subscribe buttons....soooo much easier) I did some without too tho to make sure I cud. I also subscribed to the auckland weather feed.....a couple of webcomics including the sublime Unshelved, the itunes top 25, and a couple of different publishing book and comic sites. I was truely on a roll doing all this at home yesterday, until I surfed somewhere I shudn't and picked up some nasty spyware that totally took over the desktop (which was rather scary!) Turns out my husband took off our spyware blocker in order to update to a newer version, but hadn't gotten to it yet. Poor guy, took him an hour to get it off the puter.....thank goodness for his geek skills aye! Anyways, back to RSS, interesting, but not gonna start using it myself. Most of the sites I would be most interested in keeping track off aren't set up with RSS feeds....if they were mebbe it would be more useful. Are Manukau gonna get RSS feeds on their website? Would love to subscrible to parts of the new book lists that we add now, I love those lists so.

Just found the extra bit....made my blogroll public and heres the link.... http://www.bloglines.com/public/Comicbookgal08

1 comment:

Kelly said...

We do have RSS feeds on our website, in fact for those lovely new books list you've mentioned :)