Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Official Post 15 - Thing 17 - Social networking

YAY, this is so my favourite bit of web 2.0 :) Social networking is not very new to me, been on Bebo and Facebook for a while. Was on Bebo first, as my younger brother was on, and MADE me join to be his friend. I found Bebo was a great way to get in contact with lots of my friends from school, and I still keep in touch with heaps of them thru Bebo. I then got an invite to Facebook by one of my sisters (who is hardly ever on it I might add!), and when I joined, I discovered that lots and lots of our friends were on Facebook, and so its a great way to keep up with all our current friends (and family too). I get asked which I prefer, and for me Facebook is king, but lots of people like Bebo better cause its more colourful. I like Facebook because I find it has more of a community feel to me, might be cause I have more friends on it, not sure....lol! I also like that I can chat to friends that are online at the same time as me via Facebook, I've never been an instant messenger person, so this is the closest I get. I have looked at myspace as well, but really, its bad enough trying to keep up with my Facebook and Bebo accounts, let alone starting another one....arrgghh! But, social networking is great on so many levels, for example, went to a party recently, and was able to instantly share the pics with all my friends and their friends, yay!

Want to come be my friend on either Bebo or Facebook? You can look me up using my name (yes, time to come clean....looking for Kelly Mucalo will find me for sure, not too many Kelly Mucalo's out there apparently, just the one so it seems, yay! unique!)
You have to be my friend to view my profiles, but I'm always happy to have new friends :) See you online!

No comments: