Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Official post 18, thing 20 - Youtube

Ahhh, Youtube - it just doesn't get any better. I already use this in a myriad of ways at home currently. I check out the latest music vids - much quicker than waiting to see them on tv. Before the Twilight movie actually came out, all us fans of the books scoured Youtube obessively for news and clips from the movie,(and it turns out we should have had a little faith - we were all not so keen on the Edward to be, and he ended up being pretty fabulous!)
I think its an amazing tool for making the world more of a shared community - my sister put me on to this cool Estonian singer called Kerli after catching her video on Youtube.

For your enjoyment I have embedded a trailer for the hilarious on-line series Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. You can actually watch most of the songs from this on youtube as well (I recommend Freeze Ray, Laundry Day, A Mans gotta do and On the rise) This was an online series made when the writers strike happened last year, by the very clever Joss Whedon (buffy, firefly etc etc) and stars Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion.

No comments: