Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Official post 21, Thing 23....my learning journey

The end is here!

Wow, this has been an excellent programme, and I really learnt so much along the way. I've just completed my survey, where I mentioned that I really surprised myself. I thought I was pretty savvy when it came to Web 2.0, but there was so much I didn't know about.

Highlights would have to be the fun stuff (surprise surprise!), generators are AWESOME! I had so much fun with these, and have continued to do so at home. (I'm constantly looking at photos I have taken with a LOLcat eye, how can I caption that?)
It was also really nice to pick up lots of new facebook friends :) I was already a facebook addict as it was...lol.

The most challenging thing to get my head around was RSS (I know, I know, we WERE warned). But once I did, it was totally worth it, a great way to keep up with all the blogs I like to read etc etc. The wiki topic was also a bit of a yawn, but they really are a useful source of info, and I know I use Wikipedia all the time at home.

I'd like to say thanks to our fabulous Manager (yes you!) for booking in some time for us to work on our blogs, without those two half days, I'd never have got here - doing this when working one day a week was pretty daunting at times, lucky there were so many fun things I didn't mind doing at home :)

I'm looking forward to taking some time now to reflect on everything, and play some more - now that I'm done theres time to explore a little further without feeling guilty for not getting on with finishing my 'things'.

I think I may keep on adding the odd post here, dunno if anyone at all is reading this, but I wanna make some more generator goodies, and this is as good a place as any to share em :)

Over and out from comicbookgal

No comments: