Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Official post 19, thing 21 - Podcasts

Well, I knew about podcasts before, I just never thought there would be very much that would interest me enought to subscribe to one. However, when I explored the podcasts listed at http://podcastalley.com/ I discovered http://www.comixtreme.com/ which has cool regular podcasts,with reviews of the latest comics and a bunch of cool sci-fi and tv shows. Turns out its super easy to add the rss feed for this to my bloglines, so thats all done and tested and indeedy, I can now listen to the cool geekdom to my hearts content :)

I should mention that I have once before subscribed to a series of podcasts on an American book publishing site (just can't remember which one, started with B and wasn't Borders). They were done by author Dean Koontz, and they were pretty cool, he answered fan questions via podcast, and then a real community formed commenting on his casts. He also used podcasting to promote a recent Odd Thomas title, he had a cool 4 part mini movie series that kind of acted as a trailer for the book, very cool stuff....Mr Koontz is well good at web 2.0 :)

No comments: